• Home
  • A Philadelphia Bankruptcy Lawyer at Alfred Abel Law Offices Has the Answers You Need

A Philadelphia Bankruptcy Lawyer at Alfred Abel Law Offices Has the Answers You Need

Bankruptcy lawyers in PhiladelphiaIf you are a Pennsylvania resident contemplating filing bankruptcy, worrying about whether your lawyer will work for your best interests should be the least of your concerns. At Alfred Abel Law Offices, we understand that filing bankruptcy can be a complex process, with potential future impacts. We will help you to gather the right information and avoid common mistakes. Out of the 2,817 bankruptcies filed between March 31, 2015 and March 31, 2016 in Philadelphia, 65 were business filings, and 2,752 were non-business (individual) filings. In non-business filings, 60% chose to go with Chapter 13, and the remaining 40% chose to file Chapter 7. We can analyze your income and expenses to determine whether you qualify to file a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13. We can also help to determine if bankruptcy is the right choice for debt-laden small business owners.

Questions to ask Bankruptcy Lawyers in Philadelphia

Why File For Bankruptcy?

Bankruptcy may be able to eliminate the legal obligation to pay for most, and possibly all, of your debt. Ask your lawyer about the various exceptions, including money owed for child support and debts not listed on your bankruptcy petition. When filed correctly, bankruptcy will immediately stop creditors from continuing their collection efforts. Bankruptcy can provide an opportunity to catch up on missed mortgage payments and stop foreclosure on your home. Bankruptcy can also prevent repossession of a car or other property and restore utility service after termination. Because bankruptcy wipes out old debts, it can enable individuals to be in a better position to rebuild their credit.

Will I Have to Go to Court?

The majority of bankruptcy cases typically will not require court appointments; however, if complications or debt disputes arise, you may have to appear before a judge at a hearing. Your attorney can provide a notice of the court date and time. To find the location of the court that serves your area, you can visit the Pennsylvania Federal Bankruptcy Court Directory page.

How Can the Philadelphia Bankruptcy Lawyers at Alfred Abel Law Offices Help You?

We stand out among the many bankruptcy lawyers in Philadelphia because we have the experience and the expertise, as well as the determination to make the filing process go smoothly and to help you eliminate your debt. One of our offices is located in Center City to better serve you; visit us at 1515 Market Street, Suite 1200, Philadelphia, PA 19102 or contactour Philadelphia office by phone at 215.517.8300 to reach an attorney who is ready to help.