Philadelphia Creditor & Collections Attorney
A Philadelphia Creditor and Collections Attorney will represent clients who are either facing collections from debt collectors or are trying to collect past due bills. A small business may need legal advice and representation to collect debts. This is where the Law Offices of Alfred Abel are able to help. Also, consumers or businesses that have past due debts that need the protection of a creditor and collections attorney.
Foreclosures and Bankruptcy
Our Creditors’ Rights attorneys represent clients in various types of creditors’ issues including foreclosure and collections in Philadelphia. In addition to Creditors’ Rights, we also have experience in Business Law and Bankruptcy practice areas, to coordinate these areas of expertise to maximize protection of our clients’ rights and interests.
Philadelphia Collection Attorneys
Many small creditors do not have the resources to make sure they recover the full debts they are owed. While there are plenty of laws protecting debtors from large banks, it is easy for small creditors to get lost in the legal system. With an experienced lawyer on your side, you can make sure your rights are protected.
At Alfred M. Abel, Law Offices, our creditor collections attorneys protect the rights of small creditors who want payment from their debtors. We understand the challenges you face. We can help you secure a judgment or lien and make sure it is properly enforced in order to secure timely payment.
Commercial Collections in Philadelphia
If you have a customer or client who is not paying you in on time, the first thing you need to do is secure a judgment confirming your right to payment. Turning that judgment into payment is another separate, additional process. We can help you get both a legal judgment and secure payment.
Our collections team represents commercial clients in a variety of legal matters throughout Pennsylvania. We do not represent creditors in consumer collections. The following highlights some of our services:
- Commercial Collections – collection of commercial debt, secured and unsecured, for small and large businesses, contractors, subcontractors, banks, lenders, commercial landlords and equipment lessors.
- Construction collections – filing and enforcement of mechanic’s lien claims, and labor and material payment bond claims.
- Replevins – repossession and recovery of collateral from defaulting debtors for lessors and other secured creditors.
- Litigation – prosecution of debt collection civil actions in state and Federal Court, and before alternative dispute resolution forums (arbitration, mediation) and defense against debtor counterclaims.
- Loss mitigation – review and recommend improvements to credit applications, sales contracts, invoices, personal and corporate guarantees, and security agreements. Consult with clients on implementation of credit policies.
Foreclosure in Philadelphia
Our foreclosure team represents secured clients in a variety of foreclosure, eviction, repossession and real estate-related matters throughout Pennsylvania. The following highlights some of our services:
- Commercial Foreclosures – foreclosure actions in both state and federal courts. Alfred M. Abel, Esq. is familiar with county sheriff sale processes throughout Pennsylvania. We can assist clients in obtaining and collecting deficiency judgments.
- Alternatives to Foreclosure – promote the client’s interest, where possible, by employing alternatives to foreclosure, such as reinstatements, forbearance agreements, deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure, loan modifications, and settlements.
- Tax Lien and Condominium Lien Foreclosures – enforcing and collecting real estate, secured debt on behalf of holders of tax liens and condominium liens.
- Ejectment Actions – handling ejectment/eviction services.
- Quiet title Actions – filing quiet title actions where there is a dispute as to the correct title or where a seller refuses to cooperate is transferring a deed.
- Domestication of foreign judgments – transferring a judgment from one jurisdiction to another where the judgment debtor works or resides.
Other Creditor Actions in Philadelphia
- Asset Protection;
- Bankruptcy Law & Litigation;
- Debtor / Creditor Rights & Remedies;
- Loan Documentation / Legal Documents;
- Reorganizations, Restructuring & Workouts;
- Uniform Commercial Code / Secured Transactions;
- Representation of secured and unsecured creditors of financially distressed businesses;
- Purchases and sales of financially distressed assets and businesses;
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) defense;
- Rico, Fraud, Fraudulent conveyance defense;
- Personal property repossession;
- Breach of contract;
- Secured transactions;
- Mechanics’ liens on public and private projects;
- Insolvency workouts;
- Replevin/sequestration actions;
- Deficiency claims/judgments;
- UCC Article 9 enforcement actions;
- Turnover and attachment proceedings;
- Post-judgment discovery and collection; and
- Fraudulent transfer, alter ego, and asset tracing actions.
Workouts often present an opportunity to minimize legal costs while maximizing recoveries through the restructuring of debt outside of court supervision. Our familiarity with Bankruptcy and Creditor’s Rights in Philadelphia has provided substantial experience in representing real estate and commercial lenders in working out troubled loans, including:
- Negotiating loan modification and extension agreements, forbearance agreements and deed in lieu of foreclosure agreements.
- Assisting commercial lenders preparing properties for sale (post-foreclosure).